Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Potties I have known


Here is your basic potty. Space for lots of bottom, and a lovely edited bidet spigot for perfect hygiene.


Here is a lovely bathroom that gives you a multicultural choice of strategies.


Here are some lovely tiles in our Kuwait bathroom for the more aesthetic potty experience.


Here is the most aesthetic potty room we have visited so far. The potty was just a potty as in the first photo of this entry, but the mirror, well, the mirror...


This is a brutal potty from the early 20th century located in a traditional house on Failaka Island.


This is a dhow (traditional wooden boat) potty. This view is looking up a 10 meter tall ship. It is the most basic potty of all, but it is the one with the best view.

2 comments:

Frau Page said...

Love your potty shots. I'm inspired to do the same before all of those shelf toilets disappear in Germany. Maybe I can find a rotating one (without travelling to Switzerland where I saw one) and post a video of it in action.

Madame Ballah, are you interested in posting the French version of this photo essay?

Jody Ballah said...

I'll keep my eyes open for anything interesting, although I have to say that the French have "cleaned up" their act as far as the WC goes - much more mainstream now. However, the size of the bathrooms - it's like showering in the airplane lavatory.