Saturday, October 20, 2007

Peteris Vasks

Hey! I just went to hear the Irish Chamber Orchestra play, and if you were looking for a sound you haven't heard before (except for K who probably already knows this), go to your library and GET a copy of Peteris Vasks' Violin Concerto "Distant Light". It is mind blowingly wonderful. Watching people play it probably made it more amazing because it was so intense, and they were all hopping up and down. The violin solist looked like he was going to cry in the middle of the piece. I was sitting in the third row right next to the cellos and the double base so the sound was intense, searing, poignant...

1 comment:

don said...

Dear Ruth:I just vread your comment on the Poetry Festival. I am so glad you got to such a wonderful experience! I guess it is what you came there to find. I hope that there are many more such times! Don