Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day to Priscilla

Hi Mom!  Happy day upon which we love you just as much as every other day, which is a lot, but we announce it to the world.  Rah, rah, you are wonderful and fabulous and it is because of your love  and support that I can do what I am up to today.  No, really, its true.  Even across the Atlantic ocean I can hear you snort and say that it is because of my own will to achieve, but, see, that's what I mean: you inspire that will and confidence and joie de vivre.  You, you, you, oh, wonderful mummy, you.  Yup.  I'm a big fan.

So in addition to loving my mother very much today, as usual, I also went with the Band of Young Scholars to the Prague Castle.  We saw the ever so grand St, Vitus Cathedral. Here is one of our lovely young scholars observing the sublimity. 
In the afternoon, we walked down through the town and had diner at u Fleku, a 15th century restaurant.  I had potato soup in which the herbs danced around on the palate and had a little flavor party.  There was also an ancient accordion player who played Beatles tunes and other schmaltzy favorites.  He wore a checked suit as loud as his accordion.  The serving of pork knuckles that one student received was positively medieval, in perfect keeping with the reputation of the restaurant.  



No comments: