Sunday, June 14, 2009

A few more paintings

Here are a few more paintings I did as a way of getting ready for the foxgloves in the Italian garden at Harlaxton.  Once I've dealt with the foxgloves, I might branch out to including a little corner of the manor.   Here is one I did of "reflective items".  I call it Food of the Gods. Look just above the olive oil jar, and you will see the hand of Jupiter reaching down to grab the bottle so he can make spaghetti for his dinner. 



As I work up to the mighty Harlaxton foxgloves, these are little tiny versions in my backyard: 

And as a sort of way to build up to painting the manor, I painted my tiny little house in Deer Park.  This will prepare me for painting a little tiny corner of the manor house.  I'm sure it is not as good as the paintings that Mr. Rochester praised that Jane did, but well...Jane had more time to spend on this than I did. 


1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Dear TRuth, This is a typo but sorta neat! Love these paintings! They are super engaging and the take on the front of 4159 is just perfect with the shade of the tree and the very yellow yellowness. I find your painting exciting. The still-life is so detailed that I imagined you painted a long time to get it! The hand of Jupiter I imagined to have arrived on its own much to the painter's surprise and delight. The literary parts of the blog are so energetically thoughtful with the students' needs mixed in that I am of course envious along with K-2 and other blog readers! Thank you, Ruth! Life is good because of Distant Chimes! Love and pride, Priscilla