Saturday, April 18, 2009



Part of the course I am coaching in England is learning how to view the landscape with new eyes.  Originally, this course was supposed to be a combination of a landscape painting course complemented by the literature and landscape course. Due to forces beyond our control, circumstances did not allow the painting course to to. Now it is just the literature course, but the landscape painting is so important to the subject matter, that I enrolled in a water color painting course to be able to at least talk about it in a state of slightly less than complete ignorance.  Here are some of my paintings so far. I'm still building up to landscape....give me a few weeks...

Learning to see in color is hard!  For three years, I have been working in shades of grey with charcoal, and now I am learning to see all the reds and greens and yellows etc out there in the planet.  I'm really looking forward to learning to see trees through watercolor.  So in an effort to work towards trees, I decided to work on...teapots. 

No comments: