Saturday, November 3, 2007

A photo journal of Limerick



Granny had asked for some photos of Limerick: I have posted a photo journal in my Snapfish account. (I'm still working on the Flickr thing, really...) I had an uneventful, thoughtful meander down the river path, into town where I did a few errands, and then walked home via the grocery store. Limerick is a small town, really. The industrial burbs extend pretty far around it as sprawl creeps viruslike into the countryside, but the downtown area is fairly limited in size. The University lies about 3 miles from the center of town. It's not a bad walk. Anyway, here are the photos. You can login as me at snapfish.com: ruth.benander@gmail.com, Aiz600. I have captioned the photos so you can sort of follow the walk. Whattaya think Granny? Are there some particular streets you need me to go back and document?

3 comments:

K said...

I love the rare beauty of the bridges and utility covers and flowers still abloom. I also liked the whimsy of Cat Woman above the comic book shop. It made me wonder about Irish graphic novels and comics--have you seen any?

Thank you for the lovely walk!

Priscilla said...

Granny watched it twice! Whatta life walking about and running for trains in the wee hours, referring to the Dublin trip! What's the "Rebogue" where the cows were? I had to catch up and read about Blood Sacrifice and how teachers teach and test all in a sitting and it is a rich stew ! I love this blog. More power to ye!

Jessy :) said...

omg are you joined flickr ??? i am if u are joined im lettes lil sis :)